6-9 January 2010
Just because it’s January doesn’t mean we can’t go to the beach!
MAKE PLANS NOW FOR SHA 2010
AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION near Jacksonville
In BEAUTIFUL, SUNNY FLORIDA!
Where our theme will be:
COASTAL CONNECTIONS: INTEGRATING TERRESTRIAL AND UNDERWATER ARCHAEOLOGY
Amelia Island Plantation (www.aipfl.com) is a 1350-acre (546 hectare) island resort situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, just 29 miles (46 km) from Jacksonville International Airport. Average temperature in January is a balmy 65 degrees F (18 degrees C).
Conference attendees will experience presentations and workshops on cutting-edge research, techniques, methods, and theory while surrounded by palm trees, heated pools, and beach-side events. Off-site tours will take participants back in time at near-by Kingsley Plantation, Ft Clinch, and St Augustine, the nation’s oldest continuously occupied city dating to 1565 (and you thought Jamestown was historic). Did we also mention the archaeology-themed Drinks of the Day?
Students! Be sure to bring your university ID cards for daily specials on food and beverages. Student groups are welcome and room or villa sharing is a great financial option while attending the SHA Conference.
This is one conference you don’t want to miss.
Introducing the 2010 Conference Committee:
- Della Scott-Ireton – Northwest Region Director, FPAN – Conference Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Evans – Marine Archaeologist, Tesla Offshore – Program Chair email@example.com
- John McCarthy – Principal Archaeologist/Historian, S&ME – Terrestrial Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Horrell – Marine Archaeologist, MMS – Underwater Program Director email@example.com
- Sarah Miller – Northeast Region Director, FPAN – Popular Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amber Grafft-Weiss – Northeast Region Outreach Coordinator, FPAN – Popular Program Assistant email@example.com
- Robin Moore – Archaeologist, St Johns County – Local Arrangements Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chuck Meide – Director, LAMP – Volunteer Co-Director email@example.com
- Debe Thompson – Volunteer Coordinator, St Augustine Lighthouse Museum – Volunteer Co-Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brenda Swann – Archaeologist, SEARCH, Inc – Sponsorship Director email@example.com
- Michael Arbuthnot – Archaeology Division Manager, ESI – Local Sponsorship Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irina Franklin – Public Archaeology Intern, Florida Public Archaeology Network – Social Networking Coordinator email@example.com
- Monica Beck – Silent Auction Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org, (850) 207-9474)
Conference Details & Files:
- Women in Archaeology Forum Blog (PDF)
- ACUA Photo Competition Entry Form (PDF)
- The Ed and Judy Jelks Student Travel Awards for SHA 2010 (PDF)
- SILENT AUCTION: Call for Donations (PDF)
- 2010 Call for Papers (PDF)
- Book Room Prospectus (PDF)
- Event Sponsorship Form (PDF)
- Corporate Sponsorship Form (PDF)
- Visit the University Press of Florida’s Booth at the 2010 Meeting (Web Link)