The SHA will be holding an online workshop on October 30, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on “Actions Over Statements – Antiracism, Equity and Inclusion and SHA.” The workshop will be led by Dr. Jennifer Stollman of Flexability (see https://www.flexability.com/authors/jennifer-a-stollman-phd).
Please join members of the Society for Historical Archaeology on Friday, October 30, from 1:00 pm -5:00 pm EDT as we work together to create a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. Led by Dr. Jennifer Stollman of Flexability, participants in this dynamic, interactive and relevant session will discuss: Antiracism, Equity and Inclusion and SHA Actions Over Statements Thursday, October 30, 2020 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT
Cost: $10 per person.
The link for the online webinar will be emailed to all registrants prior to the workshop’s start.
- The historical roots of contemporary racism and the impacts of contemporary social justice
movements on our members;
- How we can understand and recognize bias within the SHA;
- The Big Eight identities—what they are, how they intersect, and how they impact our membership, the profession, and community engagement;
- How to hold conversations and navigate conflict around antiracism, equity, and inclusion;
- How we can identify, develop and promote approaches to antiracism, inclusion, and diversity within the SHA and how they are crucial to our future.
Thank you to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for its generous sponsorship of this workshop.