The SHA will be holding an online workshop on Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EDT) entitled “Where Do We Go From Here? Antiracism, Equity and Inclusion and SHA.” The workshop will be led by Dr. Jennifer Stollman of J. A. Stollman Consulting.
It has been a little over a year since global protests erupted, spurring critical civil and human rights movements. The initial wave has softened. Where does that leave us and how do we move forward, as individuals and as a profession? Together, we will continue moving toward building and strengthening an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization
The Gender and Minority Affairs Committee is sponsoring a follow-up to last year’s SHA Actions Over Statements/Antiracism, Equity, and Inclusion Workshop on Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT. We are welcoming back Dr. Jennifer Stollman of J.A. Stollman Consulting to aid us in our efforts. In this interactive session, participants will review and explore new insights related to:
- Recent updates on equity and inclusion discussions and debates and their impacts on SHA;
- Identifying, developing, and promoting approaches to antiracism, inclusion, diversity, belonging, and mattering within the SHA and how they are crucial to our future;
- Facilitating conversations and navigating disagreement and conflict around antiracism, equity, and inclusion;
- Embedding anti-racist and anti-biased actions into professional organizations and our work and learning spaces; and
- Strategies for identifying and overcoming equity and inclusion fatigue and resistance.
Cost: $15 for students and $20 for professionals
The link for the online webinar will be emailed to all registrants prior to the workshop’s start.
Download the SHA 2021 Antiracism Workshop Registration Flyer
Please register by Tuesday, October 12, 2021.