Workshops at the 2017 SHA Annual Conference – Fort Worth, Texas | January 4-7, 2017
Howdy folks! I hope that you’re surviving the crazy holiday season and looking forward to the…
Good morning SHA members!
#SHA2016 is just around the corner, and the advance registration deadline is tomorrow, Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Please note that after December 1, registration rates will increase. Additionally, online registration for #SHA2016 will close on Friday, December 18, 2015. To register online, please proceed to www.conftool.com/sha2016.
Please note that if you are presenting a paper or poster, participating in a forum or acting as a discussant in a session, you must register at the full conference rate. Full-time students are encouraged to sign up to serve as volunteers during the conference and receive free conference registration. The volunteer form can be found on the SHA website at www.sha.org/conferences/ under the Registration tab.
Please contact the SHA staff at email@example.com if you need assistance with your #SHA2016 Conference registration.
Please visit the #SHA2016 Conference webpage, for general information about the conference. Additionally, our last blog post (“Tips for Getting Around D.C.”) provides information about parking and transportation in and around the D.C. area. Please proceed here, to access our last blog post.
Similar to our last blog post, this week we provide a list of cafés, bars, and restaurants within the immediate vicinity of the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
Cafés/Bars/Restaurants (Calvert Street and Connecticut Avenue)
1) Roberts Restaurant, at Omni Shoreham.
2) District Kitchen, American Mid-Atlantic small plate and bar serving Brunch on the weekend, Lunch every Friday, and Dinner every day. Located at 2606 CONNECTICUT AVE. NW.
3) Open City, casual American coffeehouse, bar, and restaurant serving Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Located at 2331 Calvert ST. NW.
4) Medaterra, casual Mediterranean bar and restaurant serving Lunch and Dinner. Located at 2614 CONNECTICUT AVE. NW.
5) Tono Sushi, casual Japanese sushi bar serving Lunch and Dinner. Located at 2605 CONNECTICUT AVE. NW.
6) Woodley Café, American diner serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Located at 2619 CONNECTICUT AVE. NW.
7) Café Sorriso, Italian café and gelateria serving Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner. Located at 2311 CALVERT ST. NW.
NOTE: Chipotle, McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts are also along this block.
Please note that the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a short walk away from the popular D.C. neighborhood, Adams Morgan. Walk east, along Calvert Street, to 18th Street, where an additional array of delicious cafés, bars, and restaurants are waiting to be explored!