SHA Conference, Amelia Island, Florida: January 6-9, 2010
Just because it’s January doesn’t mean we can’t go to the beach!
MAKE PLANS NOW FOR SHA 2010
AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION near Jacksonville
In BEAUTIFUL, SUNNY FLORIDA!
Where our theme will be:
COASTAL CONNECTIONS: INTEGRATING TERRESTRIAL AND UNDERWATER ARCHAEOLOGY
Amelia Island Plantation (www.aipfl.com) is a 1350-acre (546 hectare) island resort situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, just 29 miles (46 km) from Jacksonville International Airport. Average temperature in January is a balmy 65 degrees F (18 degrees C).
Conference attendees will experience presentations and workshops on cutting-edge research, techniques, methods, and theory while surrounded by palm trees, heated pools, and beach-side events. Off-site tours will take participants back in time at near-by Kingsley Plantation, Ft Clinch, and St Augustine, the nation’s oldest continuously occupied city dating to 1565 (and you thought Jamestown was historic). Did we also mention the archaeology-themed Drinks of the Day?
Students! Be sure to bring your university ID cards for daily specials on food and beverages. Student groups are welcome and room or villa sharing is a great financial option while attending the SHA Conference.
This is one conference you don’t want to miss.
Introducing the 2010 Conference Committee:
- Della Scott-Ireton - Northwest Region Director, FPAN - Conference Chair email@example.com
- Amanda Evans - Marine Archaeologist, Tesla Offshore - Program Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- John McCarthy - Principal Archaeologist/Historian, S&ME - Terrestrial Program Director email@example.com
- Chris Horrell - Marine Archaeologist, MMS - Underwater Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Miller - Northeast Region Director, FPAN - Popular Program Director email@example.com
- Amber Grafft-Weiss - Northeast Region Outreach Coordinator, FPAN - Popular Program Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robin Moore - Archaeologist, St Johns County - Local Arrangements Chair email@example.com
- Chuck Meide - Director, LAMP - Volunteer Co-Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debe Thompson - Volunteer Coordinator, St Augustine Lighthouse Museum - Volunteer Co-Director email@example.com
- Brenda Swann - Archaeologist, SEARCH, Inc - Sponsorship Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Arbuthnot - Archaeology Division Manager, ESI - Local Sponsorship Director email@example.com
- Irina Franklin - Public Archaeology Intern, Florida Public Archaeology Network - Social Networking Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monica Beck - Silent Auction Coordinator email@example.com, (850) 207-9474)
Women in Archaeology Forum Blog (PDF)
ACUA Photo Competition Entry Form (PDF)
The Ed and Judy Jelks Student Travel Awards for SHA 2010 (PDF)
SILENT AUCTION: Call for Donations (PDF)
2010 Call for Papers (PDF)
Book Room Prospectus (PDF)
Event Sponsorship Form (PDF)
Corporate Sponsorship Form (PDF)
Visit the University Press of Florida's Booth at the 2010 Meeting (Web Link)
Back to Top