For four decades, SWCA Environmental Consultants has provided comprehensive environmental planning, regulatory compliance, and natural and cultural resource management services to businesses and government clients across the United States. SWCA is an employee-owned firm of scientists, planners, and technical experts. We combine scientific expertise with sound technical skills to provide solutions to a full spectrum of environmental projects. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has 30+ offices and over 1,000 employees throughout the United States to serve clients from primary business lines, including energy generation, oil and gas, mining, federal land management, transmission, and transportation.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a talented Director to join our northern Arizona operations. This candidate will bring unique people and organizational leadership to SWCA by championing the organizational culture, enabling excellence, and driving the talent strategy. Primary Duties include leading the strategic direction of the office, financial performance, business and client development, staff management, scientific and technical quality, while ensuring the cross-collaboration and alignment needed to support the achievement of SWCA goals for our Flagstaff office.
In addition, we are looking for business acumen- being able to apply knowledge of our business and also the marketplace to advance the organization's goals, be able to develop our people to meet both their career goals as well as the organization's goals, and to create a climate where people are motivated to bring their best work to help the organization to grow and prosper.
Our Vision (the North Star): Make SWCA to be the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership.
We are #OneSWCA. We collaborate, we are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA's unique culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals that are committed to our culture.
Our company purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. You are invited to be a part of our success story.
- Lead and motivate a combined team of natural and cultural resource scientists, NEPA planners, project managers, and technical experts specializing in local, state, and federal regulatory permitting.
- Be accountable for business development, the financial success of the office, and attainment of sales and productivity goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Southwest Vice President, Southern Arizona Director, Nevada Director, and other leaders throughout SWCA's West region to drive scientific excellence, business performance, client satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction.
- Mentor/develop employees.
- Engage in and lead client management and development initiatives. Assist with internal strategy in alignment with overall operational regional and corporate growth plans.
- Manage forecasting and financials for the Flagstaff office.
- Provide leadership in living SWCA's core values.
- Implement project execution, QA and QC plans, and project reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the environmental services that SWCA generally provides, including (but not limited to) biology, archaeology, anthropology, planning, environmental regulatory compliance, GIS, hydrology, and other environmental and planning fields.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in environmental compliance management overseeing fieldwork and report completion, supervising and mentoring professional and administrative staff, as well as scheduling and budgeting of projects required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in increasing levels of responsibility in management, including supervising and providing leadership for other professionals required.
- Demonstrated business development success and consulting acumen, including substantial established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in proposal writing.
- Team-orientated attitude with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor' degree in environmental planning, science, archaeology, biology, or a related field.
- Ability to foster a friendly, positive, productive, and scholarly working relationship with team members.
- Proven success of leading a team of environmental and/or cultural resource professionals.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental, natural and/or cultural resources.
- Solid understanding of financial metrics, completing a business plan, and implementing the plan.
- A letter of interest and resume are required for this application.
- Ability to travel as needed, for an estimated 10% of the time.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.